CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hard day, and Days ahead.

"Mortality is a period of testing, a time to prove ourselves worthy to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. In order to be tested, we must sometimes face challenges and difficulties. At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel's end-no dawn to break the night's darkness. We feel surrounded by the pain of broken hearts, the disappointment of shattered dreams, and the despair of vanished hopes. We join in uttering the biblical plea "Is there no balm in Gilead?" We are inclined to view our own personal misfortunes through the distorted prism of pessimism. We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone. If you find yourself in such a situation, I plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face."
--Thomas S. Monson, "Looking Back and Moving Forward"

Life is full of trials, and we all have them. Today, this quote and this clip gives me comfort.



I count my blessing...I am grateful for my kindred spirit friends who are here for me. Most of of my best friend and partner Robbie. Don't know how I got you. Lets try to laugh through this, or help me to.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Hope that you'll find the strength to get through your problems, whatever they are. I hope your health is good -- I know how difficult that can be!

Arianne said...

Thinking about you today. Thanks for this post. It is what I needed to hear as well. talk to you soon. Love you.

Sheffers said...

Kate I love your guts! I am sorry, I wish I could take your bad days and share the burden. You are amazing! Thanks for sharing and please let me help.

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

Breaks my heart to know you are hurting! My prayers are with you, whatever you need them to be. Love you so much!

Kimi said...

so sorry to hear that you are struggling my friend. our prayers are with you. hope that peace will fill your life and you will feel His arms around you, always.

Nichelle said...

i wish i was still in touch with you enough to know what was going on. but just know i think you are amazing and i honestly don't know very many people that have been dealt as many huge trials as you. you always stay so hopeful and optimistic and it's so encouraging and inspiring. keep it up kate bug

Unknown said...

Lots of love!