CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 2, 2011

The life of a mom


So, I remember when I was in college and thinking, "My life is so crazy. How can it get any more busy"? Then, I was married, working and going to school, and the thoughts reoccurred. Then, Rob went to Iraq and I was working and alone...same thoughts. Now, those thoughts of"Seriously, I'm so dead tired" happen daily. I didn't think having just one kid was too much work...I mean people around me have like 3-8 kids, and seem to manage just great. But I was wrong. Most days I feel like I'm a clown of sorts, constantly trying to entertain and stimulate Tommy. Then, laundry, dishes, meals, and all in 800 square feet of cinder block. Trying to get through each day making sure I haven't screwed my child up to the point of therapy.
Then I remember how much I longed for this, to be a mom. How long I prayed, the health struggles I deal with to bring a baby here, and it humbles me to the core. Sure, there are days where I hope no one can see just how pathetic I am, and try to appears that I have it all together. When in reality, WHO DOES? May all us moms just take a deep breathe and realize we all have TONS going on, be it 1-8 kids, and we are all doing our best! Pat on the back to us.
A friend recently posted this article on her blog...I loved it. Thanks Jana. Us Moms need some validation some days.
click on it to enlarge.

4 comments:

Jana and Brett said...

:0) Miss you Kate! Here's a HUGE pat on your back.

Tyson said...

Amen to your post and that article. Thanks for sharing. I think you have to be a mom to truely understand what we go through everyday :)
Hope all is well with you guys. We should plan a get-together sometime. I haven't see you FOREVER!

Just the 2 of Us! said...

Love ya Kate! We missed ya at the get-together. Hopefully we can have another one soon.

Arianne said...

Love the article. I felt validated somehow and I don't even have kids. I guess I felt it for people like you who always wonder if they do enough....I'm glad you now know that you do.....plus way more then that. Love you.