CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hide the Dookie...Beware, poop is shown.

The realities of parenting can be hard some days. Some days while looking at other people's blogs, their children seem perfect and only say cute things, draw pictures of Jesus and the temple, say "I love you", don't hit, eat all the right foods, are potty training, are talking up a storm, and ask to take naps. I look at these blogs and feel overwhelmed that maybe Thomas isn't exactly where he should be some days. I sigh, "Why am I comparing my child? He is as normal as everyone else right???"

My brothers tell stories of a game they played in college called "hide the dookie". It's where you poop (sorry for anyone who has any manners reading this blog...stop now) in a bag, and hide it somewhere in someone else's room. They can smell it, but cant find it. They search and search, only to smell poop.

Last night after getting Thomas undressed for his bath, he broke away from me naked. He ran screaming with glee waiting for me to catch him. We bathed him, got him in his P.J's, but stared to smell poop. We checked his diaper, changed his P.J's, and wondered if he had " had an accident on the carpet". The next 15 minutes Rob and I were on our hands and knees sniffing our carpet, trying to find where this strong poop smell was coming from. We gave up.

A while later I was turning out the lights to go to bed, when I found this...By the trash can. He had to have popped a squat. Thomas played hide the dookie with us. That's normal right???

14 comments:

Kate and Robbie said...

I see we have no comments...Maybe we went overboard and "over-shared"? Whelp, since when did we care?

Nichelle said...

hahahahaha this is by far the best blog post i've ever read! way to go thomas. i would have peed my pants laughing if i would have seen him take off naked running away from you two

jenny said...

OH MY WORD. I don't know much about parenting. but no, I don't think this is normal. But it is hysterical.

Alicia said...

I am so happy right now!!! I am totally laughing at & with you! Don't forget... these are the best day of our lives! And right now I am lovin yours!

Julie and Kyle said...

one time gavin took a crap in the closet at a hotel in vegas while we were "finishing rinsing off" in the shower. oops. totally normal kate.

Leo and Jill said...

When we were in Sea World Lucas was about 3 and Leo and his sisters were on a ride so I was waiting with the kids. Lucas was playing peek a boo in a photo booth. The next thing I know I look down next to him and he had pooped so big it slid out of his shorts without making a mess and fell right on the middle of the photo booth. It was nasty and I even cleaned it up.

The Ahumadas said...

Totally normal! In fact, so normal I'm not even sure why you thought it noteworthy enough to blog about!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!! We are trying to potty train Jackson right now and he thinks it is funny to drop his pants... yell 'LOOK MOM' and then pee on anything and everything he can!! The potty humor starts young with boys!!!!

Jana and Brett said...

OH MY! Bwa HA That is hilarious! Thomas! You lil stinker (no pun intended) haha Jovie is potty training now and she took a dump in Brock's room...it happened to be right by the door...so when I opened it to get her to go potty, guess what was smeared under the door and all over the carpet!? See! It's totally normal.

Sheffers said...

I hate that game! Isaac likes to play it too, and he is not normal. jk. I am glad you found it without stepping in it! nice post, some how my blog did not show your new post so I didnt see it, or I would have made a comment earlier.

Pedro Garcia Millan said...

LERTA!

La estafa automotriz mas grande en el territorio Mexicano…

Para MAS informacion pinche:

http://pedromillan.blogspot.com/


***PIENSATELO ANTES DE HACER NEGOCIOS CON ESTE LUGAR!!

Y GET EDUCATED ON THE MOLOCH AXIS DEMONIACS:

http://www.infowars.com/

http://www.hotfrog.com.mx/Companies/www-expoautos-com-mx

Gracias

The Gentry's said...

That is awesome! I think your child is just far advanced. He is obviously okay with going poop out of his diaper. I think he's ready for potty training ;)

Mike said...

Go Tommy!

Kelly said...

I think I just cracked a rib laughing so hard! Tommy is officially the coolest kid I know!