CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Enjoy it now

Lately, I’ve been trying to appreciate each moment. Robbie and I have discussed that we can’t live our life in the “when…” type of thinking. “When…I’m feeling healthier…we are out of these apartments, out of this year of school, in this residency, when Tommy is potty trained, have more time with each other…” fill in any blank! Really, when any of these things actually come to pass, there will be something else that needs to happen. There will never be enough time, money, or me to go around. So enjoy the now. Regardless of the challenge. Enjoy it now.

I am trying. Really, I am. It seems that as I’m trying, my own health pounds me to the ground and I get the wind knocked out of me. It's hard to seize the day when you feel bitter, alone, and life is unfair at the moment. I had a particular doctor’s appointment I was dreading and I had a priesthood blessing right before. I’m grateful for the amazing support of my husband who gives his all to love and support me. I was calm and collected and grateful for it. Feeling discouraged I said a prayer on the way home in my car to help these feelings leave me. I came home and found this video on a friend’s blog. This was all I needed to put things in PERSPECTIVE. We all have challenges, but there is always someone who has it worse. Someone who can teach us how they are handling their challenges in a Christ like way. How grateful I am for examples to inspire me. It's a little long, but well worth the minutes.


All I have ever wanted, I have. I pleaded with the Lord to give me a righteous man and He DID. I pleaded with the Lord to make me a Mother somehow and He DID! I ask that he make me a better person, more patient, kind, and stronger and he is. I am grateful for all I have. I am blessed to have the family I do, the friends that I do, and the life that I do. I am enjoying it now.

7 comments:

Emily said...

That's a great video.

I have been exactly where you are so many times; the frustrated, bitter part. I hope you know that I am ALWAYS here to listen.

p.s. I'm totally loving Cranford!

Alicia said...

Hi friend. I get it, thanks for the reminder. I saw that "mormon message" a few months ago. It is an amazing lesson on self worth & gratitude. You can follow her blog if you like. The blog is not nearly as amazing as the message, but hey she makes moo-la on the advertising. nieniedialogues.blogspot.com Call me on the down days, maybe we can have a pitty party or better yet and angry party or even better a joy sharing party.

Sheffers said...

GREAT post! your terrific! seriously you are one of my true examples. You are amazing!

The Black's! said...

I read that blog every day! It honestly helps me through everything and I'm glad you liked the video too!

Arianne said...

Thanks for the reminder Kate - I needed to hear it too. You're a lot better at perspective than you think - you remind me about this all the time. (not because your a burn victim, or a pain victim, but because it comes naturally to your bright sunny spirit!)

Sycamore Girl said...

Its true about enjoying it now. Chris calls me out on that every thing quite often. Like when I'm telling Tally to HURRY and walk from the car to the house...what's all the HURRY about, he says! Just enjoy the time as it comes and your life will be magical.
Thank you for sharing that video. It was very touching.

Nichelle said...

i'm sorry you always have such hard health problems kate bug. i'm just glad your hubby knew he needed to be a doctor to take care of you