CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So with Spring upon me, I’m finding it hard to find the “Spring” in my step when it’s snowing and raining outside. Rain, rain, go away…right? Well, I decided to think about how it’s not so bad after all…I noticed the tulips outside my house. They're trying so hard to push through the soil, only to be trodden by the snow for days. Well, isn’t that like life? But I know they will keep on. It made me smile. Then I got in my car and decided to turn the radio up to the top volume and sing Taylor Swift songs (Go ahead and make fun of me; I'm a teeny bopper) at the top of my lungs. Thomas was laughing so hard insisting I do it again. Of course I gave my star cheerleading performance for him, smiles and all. I realized how happy it made me. So many little things can lift the soul. Here are some other things I’m grateful for and make me happy today, despite the lack of signs of spring…

  • · Good toilet paper. I hate the stuff at stores. You need like 35 squares. I like having my stuff at home. And one day, I can afford to buy the fancy stuff that feels like pillows on my butt!
  • · Velcro on Tommy's shoes. His converse has Velcro. They don’t look like handicap kids shoes or anything, but they make life easier.
  • · Good pillows and bedding. I LOVE my bed.
  • · Shoes. I have crappy bunions, and have resided to the fact that I no longer can walk around in cute high heels chasing a 3 year old. I have fallen in love with the UGLIEST shoes on the planet…shoes you only see hippies and old people who need orthotics wear…Dansko clogs. I swore I would never be seen in public in ugly shoes, yet its all I wear now. I got these for Christmas. It’s all I got cause they cost an arm and a leg.
  • · Perfume. I love smelling good. I love smelly things.
  • · Diet coke of course…which I will be cutting back on…three 44 oz. a day just isn’t right.
  • · Free utilities (included in rent) at my apartment. Crank up the heat!
  • · Baths. I take a bath almost every night with salts and relax. Some say that’s weird. I say necessary.
  • · FRIENDS.
  • · A husband who is AMAZING…hot, sweet, SMART, thoughtful, funny. And the best father a kid could ever ask for.
  • · A dishwasher, I hate doing dishes by hand.
  • Diapers..disposable. I couldn't do cloth...washing and drying. Or like the old days, washing and hanging them to dry. We are blessed!
  • · Scotch tape…ever thought what we would do without tape?
  • · Movies…Anything that takes me away. Namely, Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, and chick flicks.
  • · Automatic locks on my car.
  • · My Vacuum. I have to vacuum everyday, and if I had a crappy one (I did) you notice. I love my new one. I appreciate how good it is now!
  • · Music- it can lift my mood and calm me, and make a party!
  • · Medicine- Keeps me working.
  • · Thomas- my biggest blessing and challenge some days. My constant companion for the next 15 years, the little voice who is always calling me, and the one who always brings me to realize how lucky I am his mom.
  • · Cell phone- what did we ever do without them? What did our parents do??
  • · Pajamas- I have a collection of them.
  • Frozen yogurt- Yum!
  • Fresh Flowers
So many things can make me happy in one day or hour. I just gotta sit back and think about it and REALIZE it.

12 comments:

AprilF said...

Great post! It reminds me that happiness can be in the small things - like a pair of comfortable shoes!

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Thank you! (Also those shoes are wonderful!!)

banananutmeg said...

Love your happy list, today! Happy Spring!

Sarah boo said...

All I listen too right now is Taylor Swift. I have all three of her albums. My kids love Speak Now. It is all we listen to in the car.

Stacey Bacon said...

Kate thank you for your uplifting post! I am crying right now...1. Because I am pregnant 2. Because i realize how negative I have been lately 3. Because I just realized how truly blessed and lucky I am to have the life I do! Thank you for making me take a walk on the bright side! I am instantly lifted ;)

The Ahumadas said...

Kate, I've been thinking a lot about you lately. Just wanted you to know how much I love you and how thankful I am for your friendship.

Karen said...

Love and miss you Kate.

love, Karen Rose

jamirodana said...

Amen! Wait, what the? Was that Robbie in the tub?

Julie and Kyle said...

okay, first off, im a bit creeped out that robbie is naked behind that tub. also, the shoes are kind of hideous. but im sure you make them cute. you have that affect on things. and, its funny how different we are, yet we compliment each other quite nicely! :) love the list. i might have to make one of my own. love you kate.

Sycamore Girl said...

Don't dis the Danskos! Those are what i wore on the mish!

You look like a Geisha in your tub pic. Its fabulous. And necessary? Thats awesome!

Its a great list. I've been reading a few blogs lately that have written about their grateful lists. I guess its my turn.

Thank you, love!

Unknown said...

Love lifts us up where we belong. God bless you. See the power of Positive thinking within you. Please follow my blog. Positive Thoughts

Tamra said...

I just love your gracious view on life Kate!!!