CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Did you know you OUTGROW maternity clothes?

Well, after a night of peeing every 40 minutes, and not being able to get comfortable cause one side of my butt goes numb...I am VERY ready to have Thomas. Rob says I am starting to resemble the way a Pirate walks with a peg leg. I really just feel like an injured hippo. I look in the mirror and have no idea who I am ...My body has taken on a whole new shape and look. I know Kate is in there somewhere, but I think I ate her. Here are 3 things that I have decided mean that I am READY to have this baby....

1. I have no clothes to wear...yes I out grew my maternity clothes. Since the baby dropped, nothing covers my stomach at all. I think we would all have to agree that prego ladies sporting belly shirt is so off limits. So, I'm wearing the same 3 pairs of stretchy warm up pants and alternate between Robs shirts. No one ever told me I would one day be too big to wear maternity clothes. An Ultra low point.

2. Last week while eating with Rob on campus, I saw 3 young college guys outside the resturant, and heard them yell, "HOLY F (word)! Look at that pregnant lady. I have never seen anything that big! How is she walking?". Ahhh....just what everyone needs to hear. I just laughed cause I know I look ridiculous. It's like seeing a midget or someone with a severe deformity...you know you shouldn't stare or look, but thats all you end up doing. Glad to entertain.

3. I can no longer get out of the bath tub by myself. Without Rob, I could be a beached mermaid.

So, to top of this non stressful time in our lives, Rob felt he needed to postpone the MCAT 2 weeks later to have more prep. That is Truly the week the baby could come....so the MCAT is now APRIL 19, baby to come hopefully April 20th or so. We like to make things the most difficult as we can...makes things exciting! Rob is holding up best he can under the pressure. All spring break (last week) he pulled 8 hour days in the library. He is AMAZING!!

I don't mean to have a hate session about being prego. I am so grateful. Even last night we were watching my belly and Rob said, "Remember you would cry to me and say, 'all I want is to know what it is like to have a baby move inside me. Just once. People don't know how lucky they are." This is true. Everything I have ever wanted, I am getting. Why complain? I'm so blessed, but I still wouldn't mind if he came soon...


13 comments:

The Ahumadas said...

At least you've got a sense of humor

The White House said...

You have a fun way at looking at things Kate.

Julie and Kyle said...

best post ever! i feel for you lady. being pregnant sucks. but dont worry, everyone else thinks you are adorable, even if you dont feel very cute. and yes, you are so hilarious. you'll be normal again soon!!! :)

L said...

Was that a picture of you on the bottom of the post? It wasn't working...

Anyway, lol... this was an amazing post. You are so stinkin' cute Kate!! Hang in there girl - I think you are definitely giving birth early!

Leo and Jill said...

It's a conspiracy, they only make pregnant clothes for anorexic girls who start out at a size 0 and at full term are a size 2.
I think you look great. I need to come and see you or call you. I hope all is well.

The Gentry's said...

Not to wish you pregnant any longer, but the 21st is a great day to have a baby! Maybe you should wait until then:)

jenny said...

You are having a bebe SO SOON. Katies I love you and let me know if you need anything. I know Rob's life is crazy right now too so if you need a cousin seriously give me a ringy. And you look great. Those kids are stupid and will have ugly babies.

jenny said...

hahaha i don't know how byu feels about flashing. i'm sure if you're preggers you could get away with it for sure. robbie could back you up and say "oh its just this thing she does"

Maren said...

Hi Kate,
It's Maren Creswell. I discovered your blog a little while back, but I can't remember if I left a comment. I just had to laugh at your descriptions of pregnancy. Hilarious! I do think you're baby will be coming early. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and good luck with everything! I have a blog too- dallinmaren.blogspot.com

jamirodana said...

You are a major trooper Kate! I probably would have yelled a "comeback" to those morons. ie: Holly F(word), look at the size of your nose! or something similar to insult him. You are strong for laughing.
You look great!

brookie said...

You are a.mazing! Hang in there! Wish I could come watch movies with you all day till this cutie arrives.

Carly said...

Kate! I am so excited to find your blog! My mom has scared me to death with reports of your baby so reading your earlier post about the ultrasound was such a relief! I think I need to come visit you so we can lay around and feel bloated and sorry for our pregnant selves. But you are almost done! Woohoo! I, on the other hand, have THREE WHOLE MONTHS. Shoot me now.

Ashley Lamb said...

Tear..oh man kate. I died laughing at that second reason. You are too cute. I miss you way too much and really hope and pray that all goes well. You will be in my prayers.