CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 4, 2008

APRIL 14....Here he comes!!





So, we went into the Dr. to do some scans on the babies brain and body to make sure he is still all good...and found out he is already about 8 lbs! No wonder why i feel so horrible! I'm definitely having a Stoker baby! They said I am measuring 39 weeks, and that we need to be ready any day...the day the Dr. chose (I don't get to choose) is April 14th at 9:30 am. My immediate response was, "can I reschedule the baby"? What I was meaning to say is "my husband has 3 tests that week, and the MCAT"! Gulp! Robs first reaction was to vomit...ahh, just what I had hoped the new father would react! But, we have no choice...If we waited 'til after that week, he might come on his own because he is so squished! So we figure it's better to plan that have a last minute delivery on the morning of the MCAT! So, on Sunday my mom flies in to take the reins and Monday morning we have a baby. I'll send Rob home, as he will be banned from the hospital to STUDY a much as possible. Then he will come to visit for his breaks, then Wed, Thurs, Fri he has tests, and Saturday, the MCAT! Makes you want to throw up too, eh? The next week... FINALS! No, I'm not joking! Could this baby have been any worse planned?? Not that we have any control over this! So, we need PRAYERS...big time. One, that I will make it without falling apart, and two, that Rob will not jump off a bridge and finish these crazy two weeks out! Then we can be a family! Luckily my mom will be up here until the end of the month, through the week of finals so Rob doesn't have to worry about me or the baby being taken care of. What would we do without Moms?
So we are packed and ready to go! I put some pictures up of the baby's room. Please don't judge the hair. I was trying something "new" that i thought was cute on others, but realized maybe I have been in Utah too long, as my height got bigger in the bangs. Forgive the snap judgment!

I had my dear friend Victoria White make my bedding...It's out of this world to die for. Plus, she makes everything from matching vintage Mother daughter aprons, oil cloth bibs, bags...everything. A lot have asked about her, so here's her info if you want to order something...its great prices too compared to those pricey boutiques.
Victoria White:

Phone 801 294-4317

www.victoriawhiteandcompany.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5300968

17 comments:

The White House said...

Kate you look adorable, just think soon you'll be holding your little Thomas in your arms. Thanks for the 'shout out' your one of my biggest fans and dearest friends.

Tyson, Amber & Alayna said...

Kate - I'm so excited for you guys. His room looks great! I can't wait to see the little guy. He will bring more joy than you could even imagine to your life. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

Wow! Kate I am excited for you. Keep me posted on whats going on. I finally am checking your blog. You guys did a great job.

- drue

Julia said...

Congrats! Abby can attest that the 14th of April is a great day to be born.

Kristin said...

wow, wow, wow! could not be any cuter. i'm so excited for you. only one week left!! congrats! call me if you or rob need anything!

jenny said...

Kate you can ROCK THE POOF. I love the poof. It looks great. It is not UTah. There is a big difference between utah hair, and the poof. The room looks adorable. I hope you're feeling great! Call if you need anything. LOVE YOU.

Julie and Kyle said...

so cute! love his room, and your hair! holy f!!! you look great!! haha, that was the funniest thing you've ever said! miss you, hope everything goes well. tell valle i say hello!!!

ww said...

I am loving his little room. Next Monday is going to be the most amazing day of your life...especially since you won't have to go into any labor to have a new baby. The "C" is pretty great.

Good luck - we're excited to meet the new little Thomas!

L said...

Kate! Thomas' room looks awesome! I am counting down the days until I get to see pictures of the sweet little guy! Love you girl!

Jana and Brett said...

awhoo-hoo! I'm getting too excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet him. Your hair does look cute by the way! Hey there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Can you see it finally? Maybe I'll ask you again on Sunday!
By the way...
when I go blog surfing, I try to get back to my blog from your blog and it doesn't. Wasn't sure if you had the right address...or if it works on your computer...just thought I'd let ya know!
THANKS for the birthday gift! You are always so thoughtful! It was nice you remembered!!!
Love ya Kate! Tell Robbie to give you a foot rub. Talk to ya later!

Flinders Family said...

You look so cute! The bedding is amazing...I want to hire her too! April 14th is a good day, my brother's bday as well. And 8 lbs already? Wow! Mine have both been 9+ so I totally feel your pain. Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures and hopefully see you for real soon!

forget laundry said...

hi kate! it's hillary (bevan) collette- how are you? oh I am so excited your baby will be here anyday! you will love it! I am so happy for you both! I'd love to be blogging buddies (i found you through ash lamb)... and catch up! good luck this week. love -hill

laurie said...

Kate- I've figured this out...Your poof proves that you are really and truly, deep-down, a REAL TEXAN! That's the way we do things here--bigger is better. That seems to also apply to Thomas as well! Now you and Robbie have to come here for medical school. You will fit right in. WOW-we are excited for you kids! We will keep watching your blog for the announcement that Thomas is here.

brookie said...

OMG you're having a baby like TOMORROW! I can hardly contain my excitement!!!!!! Love you!

jamirodana said...

Oh, good luck, good luck! Everything will be ok! Kate, you look fantastic! Rob will do great on his tests! Positive thinking!!! haha.
I need to come visit the village soon.

The Ahumadas said...

GOOD LUCK tomorrow! We love you guys and can't wait to see pictures!

The White House said...

Kate good luck with everything. You will both finally get to hold your little one. We are soooo excited for Thomas to get here.:)