CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Baby Thomas has arrived!!!!!





Kate's still recovering from the Cesarean Section, so I'm here updating everyone on how things went. He was born at 10:06 this morning. He was very stubborn and refused to breathe, so they had to take him to ICU and he's still there. He's having a hard time keeping his Oxygen levels up. The nurse says she expects he'll be good to go in 24 hours or so to leave the ICU, so we're keeping our fingers crossed. They were also worried about his head, a little bit. His head is bigger than average, so they wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure there's not water on the brain. The rumor is that he's fine, but we won't know for another hour or so for sure. It looks like he's going to have curly hair and he has a lot of Kate's features. His head is a perfect sphere and when he gets mad, his face kinda squishes like Kate's does when she gets mad at me. He weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 18.5 in long (not 13.5 in.). We're so grateful for all the support through phone calls, text messages, and prayers. We're swamped for the time being, but we promise we'll get back with you all as soon as we can. Do us a favor and keep baby Thomas in your prayers as we're not out the woods yet. Here are some pictures of him right after he was born.

10 comments:

Tyson, Amber & Alayna said...

He's adorable! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. We'll keep you all in our prayers. We can't wait to meet him in person.

loyallopposition said...

Congrats!!!!!
We'll be praying for Kate and big Tom.
God bless his beautiful spherical head.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I'll try to call you again soon. God be with you!

jenny said...

He's so cuteeeee. I'll be praying for baby Thomas. I love you guys! I'll try to come up this weekend and be your slave! If you guys need anyyything let me know!

Mike said...

WOW! He is cute! We have already said many prayers today for you 3 (especially Mr. T). Love, the Cahoons (Mike, Alicia, Aly & Heather)

Ashlee said...

congrats!!!

The White House said...

Congratulations!!! what an exciting day, he is so adorable and we will keep Thomas in our prayers. Try and get some rest mommy and daddy.

brookie said...

Ooh, I love him already! We're praying for you guys. Glad you have family there to help out. Get some rest, and please keep us updated via bloggy. I'm sure he got the "trooper" gene from both of you, so its just a matter of time before he toughs this out. He's so so cute! Welcome to the world bebe Thomas... your Second-Aunt brookie LOVES YOU! (or whatever i am to him??!) and I love you too, Kate and Robbie. CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

You probably don't remember me but we lived up in the village too, back in 2005...We had dinner with Kate at the Whites once... anyway I saw your name on Victoria page and thought I would look... Congratulations, you baby boy is BEAUTIFUL! I am glad he is well!
What a great day!
Chantel Shepherd

Beaumont's said...

Hey Rob! I found your blog through Andrea Anderson (Bradshaw)! Your baby is darling, oh I mean Handsome! Congrats! Sorry about the hard times, been there & done that for 1 week (should have been at least 6 weeks) but miracles happen! Keep in touch! Amy Jo