CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thomas turns Two!!!




So, about a week ago, Thomas turned two years old. I’m just now blogging about it, cause I’m about a week late on most things these days.

Most people are resolved to the fact that they are a parent about a month after their child is born. Not me. I still wake up each morning, see this amazing creature running around my apartment and am amazed that he eats, sleeps, poops, talks, laughs…and that I made him. Like people grow plants, gardens, businesses…I grew HIM! The fact that I am the one to teach him all that he must know; right from wrong, good and bad, ugly and cute (ha ha), the fact this little baby is becoming this little man with a huge personality is overwhelming. I remember wanting to punch people who say “it goes by so quick” on the days when I wanted to end it all, in the days of his colic. Now that he is two, he has finally sprouted some hair and he knows most the letters in the alphabet. Where has the time gone?

Rob has always been Thomas’ favorite. I’m not sad about that at all. In fact, I think it is so special. They have a bond that most mothers and babies have. Rob took on the nurturing role the first few months of Thomas' life due to me being so sick and their bond is undeniable. How lucky Thomas is to have a father like him who does all he can to love with all he can? If only Thomas knew how hard we prayed to get him here. If only Thomas knew how much he has been loved in this family the past two years. If only Thomas knew how much I’ve longed to be his Mommy, and am grateful for his patience as I try to figure out how the heck to do that as I feel so incapable to do it. Two years down sweetie…hang in there with me…I’m new at this. I’ve only had two years experience just like you.

10 comments:

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

He is so cute. Happy late Birthday Thomas. We love this little guy.

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Thomas! We hope your 2nd birthday was full of fun memories...for your parents. Don't you ever wonder when your kids will start remembering things?? Can't believe he's 2! (Nice beard Rob. haha)

Alicia said...

Every time I click on your blog to check out what you are up to, I recieve the sweet treat of Rob's bootie. And each time I quiver & then giggle!

Yeah Happy B-day Tommy! Can you beleive you have made it this far Kate! You are such a great MOM!

Sheffers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Tams said...

Happy Birthday Thomas! I agree with you! Where does the time go. On one hand it feels like you have never lived without them and on the other hand you wonder how they got so big so fast!

Dallas and Kirsten said...

What great pictures!! Tommy is absolutely adorable!! You're an amazing mother, Kate...just wanted to tell you!

The White House said...

Thomas is such a delightful, handsome, charming, funny, sweet, curious 2 year old. That is because of his fab parents. Happy 2nd birthday!

The Williams Family said...

Ben says that he wishes he could run his fingers through Rob's beard, but he is also scared of what he would find. But he says he'll risk it. :)

jenny said...

I love that child! I need to come visit!

The Buzz said...

Ah, I miss you guys! I love the pics! You are so funny, "ugly, from cute"! Give him kisses and hugs from me and Brooklyn! I got your text, and I loved it! Hope to see you guys soon! BLOG MORE!