CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

HE'S IN!!!!






I made this shirt for Thomas to wear on the day Rob took his MCAT. It's Yoda saying, "May the force be with you today daddy." Apparently it worked! Rob got his first acceptance letter to Medical School this past Thursday. He interviewed on Monday and got an email on Thursday giving him the good news. There were over 35 people interviewed and 4 were chosen, including Rob! We're so excited. The school is called Touro University School of Osteopathic Medicine. It's in Henderson (Las Vegas), Nevada, so we're going to be sweating to the oldies in the 130 degree summer heat for 4+ years. Touro is not the top school on Rob's list, by any means, but it's feels so good for us to have our foot in the door anyway. He has another interview in Phoenix, AZ in 2 weeks, so that's also a possibility. Most other schools will most likely contact Rob in the next month or so. So, We're going to MED SCHOOL! You can see the relief in Rob's face. He's so excited to be through the application process, MCAT, etc. So, Rob just has to finish up this hard semester and next semester he has 6 credit hours. Then we're off to our future adventure! Ready or not, here we come!

21 comments:

L said...

Congratulations!!! That is soooo exciting!!! Way to go!!!

The Gentry's said...

Yay, congrats! What school down here in Phoenix? Does Rob need a place to crash?

Ashlee said...

Hooray! Congrats.

Julie said...

Awesome...Congrats!

The White House said...

I just love the look on Robs face. Congrats!!!!

Suzi said...

Congrats! What a relief. We know how you guys feel. Good luck on this adventure!

Mike said...

Awesome news!

Stacey Bacon said...

Congrats Dr. Rob! That's exciting. My brother Jeff lives in Henderson. You can have a buddy down there!

Jana and Brett said...

Congrats you guys! Any warm place is better than coooold Salt Lake. We knew you could do it! You are gonna be a doctor!!!!

The Ahumadas said...

Congrats, Rob.

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

My vote is for Vegas! I know a few cool cats that live down there! Oh my goodness, Thomas is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen! Those eyes are a knock-out, keep the ladies away from him when he gets older!

Ashley Lamb said...

CONGRATS!! OMG! I am so praying that you get into school in Phoenix cause then we can play like all the time!!!

Jack & Ashley Waters said...

I thought I left a comment, but again the scatter brain forget. We are really excited for you guys! I'm free all this week if you want to do something. I'm feeling like a little girl time!

jamirodana said...

Congratulations! Way to go Rob!
Cute shirt idea Katie!
Vegas is like Utah. Instead of winter being winter, the summer is your winter and when you are indoors the most. :)

Just the 2 of Us! said...

Kate, I talked to Shae the other day. I vote for Vegas as well. I love it here. It would be so fun to hang out with you and Shae. Keep us posted!!

The Burnah Clan said...

cute blog! Your boy is growing fast. It's fun to check out the ward blogs from others lists! good luck on the med school thing!

Janae said...

Congratulations Robbie and Katie! This is a huge accomplishment. Med School will be a fun adventure. So exciting. By the way, Thomas is the cutest baby - I love his face in this picture!

Beaumont's said...

Way to go! Ya it's hot,but will all be worth it. My aunt Kathryn showed my the "cast" or blue thing that you made for her arm, and I have to say that I was pretty impressed! Good luck!!

Mardi and Jeremey said...

Oh my gosh KATE!!! How are you? I am so happy I found you. Congrats on Medical School. That is so exciting! Thomas is so stinkin' cute! It is good to see you guys are doing so well!

Julie in the studio said...

Niel Crews does not know how to comment on a blog, go figure. So I told him your news Rob, and he crinkled up his nose the way he does and said, "AWsome." Thought I'd make the comment for him.
Hi Kate. I miss your guts.

CamilleJohnFam said...

Rob,
I suppose your interview in Phoenix is over at this point (I just saw your blog), but if you do a second look and need a place to stay come stay with us. I'm in my internship at Banner Good Samaritan in Phoenix in their general surgery department. We have a lot of med students rotate with us from MD and DO schools (and yes, having been in their shoes, I'm nice to them).
John Craw