CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Who really likes this month?

I hate January. In fact Io dread February and March too. They're the months when everyone is sick and its cold outside. In general, I try to be positive, decorating for every holiday that exists during these pitiful months...but its hard when you are stuck in the house with a toddler and yourself who have a severe case of cabin fever...and usually are sick with something. Do ya hear me? Then if you are a germ freak like me, you are afraid to actually go and do something cause your finally NOT sick and then you will go and meet up with friends who are sick...and you are back to where you started. Most of the winter we cant got to church cause of his asthma and other kids getting him sick...I never longed for Spring or summer more.
Wow, aren't I a ray of sunshine? Its just cause I am sick with a horrible sinus infection and have lost my voice (going on 5 days of no voice- impossible to be a mom) and sound like a transvestite. Forgive me for my low point. Happy New Year?

8 comments:

banananutmeg said...

I love january. I go crazy and deep clean and organize everything.
At least that's what I'm telling myself, this year. It's helping. sort of.
Winter can go. Winter sucks. I hate snow. i hate being cold. I hate being sick. I hate people who go out when they are sick and get me or my kids sick. So yeah, you have a free pass for being grouchy.
I buy myself fresh tulips every week starting in February (or as soon as I start hating on winter) and on February 18th we have "gringo fiesta" (our made up holiday) where we invite a bunch of friends over, feast on spicy food until we pop, and kick off a 10 day streak of eating mexican food.
March 1st = hope for spring and end of the winter suckfest.

This year, I launched a blitz attack on winter and booked myself a ticket to Ca for the last weekend of January. I might survive if I can get some sunshine and In N Out for a few days.
Or I might lose my sanity when I come back to an ice storm. We'll see.

Jana and Brett said...

I loathe January...lets do a countdown to Valentines! What are you and Rob doing? Anything shuper shpecial? :0) Brian Regan is coming up here...don't know when...could be a possibility though! Feel better Miss Kate!

Arianne said...

Oh my dear friend- I'm so so sorry your sick. I wish I could give you my voice and go without a voice for a few days....it is my DREAM! No matter what I could never get your sickness! Maybe go online and start learning and becoming proficient at all Minute-to-win-it games while you're stuck inside! That might be fun. Feel better soon, and don't worry...2011 is going to be a GREAT year, even if it doesn't start off so hot. LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Yup... by January I am ready for warm... it makes for a long couple months!

Sycamore Girl said...

I'm sorry you're sick deary. Cheer up Sunshine. I'm bringing you bread. :)

But on a lighter note, Costco has their little girls SPRING dresses out already! YIPPEE!

(Also, the word verification for me to leave a comment below says: "Wontard"
Use THAT one in a sentence! Haha!)

The Buzz said...

Oh how I miss you! I'd give anything to hear your transvestite voice. Ummmm mmmm mmmm, sexy!
Hey I really do hope that you get better soon, and that too bad about Tommy getting sick so much. I remember you saying he can't go to nursery. Hang in there, and remember you'll always be my ray of sunshine, lol!

banananutmeg said...

hahahahaha who is that hopeful girl in the first comment? A fool, that's who. In spite of my best attempts, Winter caught up with me, and I freaking hate it. We've been sick for 3 weeks and i'm ready to just bathe the kids in bleach.
sanity gone,
-meg

Ashley Lamb said...

I actually love it. Then again, I live in AZ and it's sunny, beautiful, and 75 degrees outside...