CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Baby Thomas 7 months- Looking GOOD!


Well, the Dr. appointment that we have been waiting for since we heard the scary news, finally came today. We went into the Dr. and we got the ultrasound's to check the baby's brain and the cysts. The baby is huge- which is a big sign that the baby doesn't have the condition they had thought. If he did, his growth would be minimal or possibly still born at this point. He was huge and moving around a ton. Whenever the tech pressed with the ultrasound by his face, his hands would shoot up to guard it! His heart hads all its chambers, and his face is perfect (concerns they had). In the picture we have posted even shows his HUGE CHUBBY CHEEKS already! I guess he will take after his Mom. Robbie and I could hardly contain our joy when the Dr. said that the cysts have almost completely disappeared from what he could tell. This was a possible prediction in "hoping for the best scenario", and it happened! We feel so blessed and a huge weight lifted. We are mindful we wont know anything for sure until he is born, but the Dr. said he is almost positive that after the ultrasound today, he is free and clear of any danger! Thank you for your prayers! We needed them so badly.

With the baby being so big on my 4' 11'' body, I am paying a heavy toll. My pelvis feels like someone took a brick to it. At night i can barley make it to the bathroom without tears coming. i seriously considered at a low point last night on investing in Depends. I knew when this stared it would be hard...what was I thinking I might get off without bed rest? So I'm pretty much bored and constrained to the house. Robbie is wonderful, and he even soaked my feet and massaged them last night cause my veracose veins looked like I injected botox into all my veins. For early Valentines, we put the nursery together...it looks great with the crib in it. Although hard to make a cinder block room look baby friendly, I think we are doing pretty good. Once I have it all together, I will post some pictures.

So we are blessed and trying to push through the next month or so. i feel this baby is coming out any day, but I have to keep him in. I find my self walking and "holding myself" in for fear he will come out....thats how big he is. I got my 4th comment at the airport asking, "are you having twins any day"? Why the hell do people even ask that if they aren't 100% sure. Talk about a self esteem downer..."No I'm just a freaking cow". I will hope he makes it till April 6, cause the MCAT for Rob is on the 5th.

Thank you all again for your prayers! baby Thomas is looking healthy with chubby cheeks.

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

Hooray!!! That it is so exciting, I hope all continues to go well.

The White House said...

Kate and Robbie hurray on the good news, oh and your little Thomas he looks cute. Kate this will be a fun time for you just think what a blessing it is to be bed ridden. Try being at work with your bladder starting burst and finding yourself on brink of leaking and explaining to people that well I have to lock up for 5min. as I need to take potty trip every night (not good). They all stand their and watch a 7 month pregnant woman run ( waddle) to the bath room. I won't start on the sneezing or coughing joys.
Victoria

Melissa said...

Yea! We are so excited that Thomas is doing so well. We can't wait to meet him. Love the blog! Thanks for the great music. We love you!
~ Quigley's

Arianne said...

I am DYING to see those cheeks in real life! Finally, for the first time you didn't hear, "well, it's really rare, and one in a million people ever get this....but...." He's healthy! Hopefully he beats his mothers odds! You guys are awesome!

Leo and Jill said...

Kate, He looks so beautiful!!! Ultrasounds have come a long way since I was pregnant. We are so happy for you and Robbie. You will be great parents.

laurie said...

So sorry this is a tough pregnancy for you, Kate! I guess you and Rob will definitely know the "bitter" and will greatly appreciate the "sweet" when your precious little son arrives! Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancey, and good luck to Rob as he prepares for the MCAT! I'm glad we can keep up with the news on your blog. We are still pulling for a med school opportunity for you guys here in TEXAS!